Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spotted!

Saw a Porche Cayenne yesterday. Not an ordinary one, though. This one is called the Gemballa GT600 Aero 3 Prestige, which is on sale as a new car for 3 500 000 EEK. For comparison, you can get a 130 sq.m. two-storey house with a 1000 sq.m. yard and a sauna for 1 900 000 EEK. So, two houses or a car, even if it churns out a massive 600bhp?

Since officially there is only one of those on sale in Estonia, why did I see this one? They say it is brand new (AKA the mileage shows it's rolled off the transport vehicle). This one was standing next to the construction site of the new Premium Motors salon (the one near my house, which also sells Wiesmann's), all muddy and dirty. Had it been driving past me, I'd have thought it was just another Cayenne, but since it was standing, I barely made out the sign 'GT600' under the mud on the side skirt.
Edit: I saw it again today, showing its speeding skills at the traffic lights

You've got to hand it to the fine men at Gemballa, they have tried to make something nice out of the Cayenne. But I still would not pay that much to get a car that is not essentially a Porche. If I wanted a four wheel drive Porche, I would buy a 911, thank you.

No comments: