Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Definitely not a car weather


Photo: Marta Raja

I went to sleep last night and it was snowing sideways. I woke up this morning and I couldn't find my car. It's been snowing since yesterday afternoon, so around 24 hours now. They predicted a 36-hour snowstorm.

So why all this in a car blog? Accidents is the key word. People, please try and use your head when you go out driving. Or don't go driving in the first place. They are using all their power in Tallinn city centre, and have pretty much managed to keep the traffic flowing. The Estonain Road Administration has asked people in small cars not to go driving at all (article in Estonian).

I live in a suburb in Tallinn, and the only things that plowed the snow were dog's stomachs, children's sleighs and car's bottom plates. I had a few unintentional powerslides just trying to corner at low speed. There were a couple of kids in a Nissan Navara making money - they drove around the streets and looked for cars that were stuck (and there were a lot), and offered to drag them out for a small change.

I can't leave the Premium Motors new salon unmentioned: I saw the concrete laying crane there today. What were they laying the concrete on, if I may ask? There's just a huge hole in the ground, which was probably filled with snow by daybreak.

So, once again, please, don't go driving if you have summer tires, a low car or no brains. Thank You!

No comments: