Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update on Fiat 500

Apparently yesterday and today, they have a display of the 500 in Viru Keskus. I went there and I noticed a few setbacks to the car.

Photo: Motion Trends

First, I think I figured out why it is so hard (if not impossible) to find a picture of the car taken from behind (eye-level). It looks 85 years old from there. Take away the chrome strips and focus on the real back end of the car. It looks like the tires are standing underneath the frame, not stuck to the rear axle. From this view, cornering should be out of the question, because it looks like it would roll over with the smallest turn.

Photo: Motoring Fun

Secondly, they have a red one there on display. Top-spec model of course. With the red dashboard. Ugly. On the picture, it looks like a marvel of design. In real life, it looked like they covered the dash with the cheapest vinyl plating and said "yeah, flashy, that'll do!". Please don't buy the red one.

2 comments:

Martin said...

I saw those cars yesterday and when I compare the pictures and the real life cars I have one thing in mind....Photoshop! The interiors don't look even remotely similar to those on the pictures and on the outside, those cars are not that shiny!

Karl said...

Yeah, I was disappointed as well.. They were too (dare I say it) big, the whole campaign has revolved around 'small, small car', but..
Not shiny? the chrome bits were blinding me.. But the interior was way shinier than the exterior, that's true..